What is C#
Pronounced "see-sharp." A hybrid of C and C++, it is a Microsoft programming language developed to compete with Sun's Java language. C# is an object-oriented programming language used with XML-based Web services on the .NET platform and designed for improving productivity in the development of Web applications. C# boasts type-safety, garbage collection, simplified type declarations, versioning and scalability support, and other features that make developing solutions faster and easier, especially for COM+ and Web services. Microsoft critics have pointed to the similarities between C# and Java.
Featured are C#
1.C# is a simple, modern, object oriented language derived from C++ and Java.
2. It aims to combine the high productivity of Visual Basic and the raw power of C++.
3. It is a part of Microsoft Visual Studio7.0.
4. Visual studio supports Vb, VC++, C++, Vbscript, Jscript. All of these languages provide access to the Microsoft .NET platform.
5. .NET includes a Common Execution engine and a rich class library.
6. Microsoft's JVM equiv. is Common language run time (CLR).
7. CLR accommodates more than one languages such as C#, VB.NET, Jscript, ASP.NET, C++.
8. Source code --->Intermediate Language code (IL) ---> (JIT Compiler) Native code.
9.The classes and data types are common to all of the .NET languages.
10. We may develop Console application, Windows application, and Web application using C#.
11. In C# Microsoft has taken care of C++ problems such as Memory management, pointers etc.
12.It supports garbage collection, automatic memory management and a lot.
- This method is used to bind gridview from database
- How to use progressbar control in windows application using c#.net
- This example shows progressbar during registration of all users
- Asp.net insert, Edit, update, delete data in gridview
- Asp.net- How to Get Full File Path from Fileupload Control in Firefox or IE
- Delete a File from Asp.net Uploaded Folder using C#